How do you think the branding of your new album came together through the digipak and video you released?
I have known from the start that I wanted my album cover and music to be different compared to other musicians albums. I also wanted to give it an outdoor theme as this is different from other artists albums as they are usually found to be a green screen background. This is also in their videos too which doesn’t make it look natural, this is why I chose to have an outdoor theme for my music video. This is where my inspiration comes from. My music is usually written in the country where I'm from has a lot of outdoor scenery, so obviously there is a lot of green, this is what has inspired me for most of my videos. I thought this would be appropriate for my audience as they are getting a glimpse of my personal life.
How do you think all three pieces come together to promote your music?
I am happy with my three pieces as I believe they all connect with each other. I think this has been promoted by using the same outdoor setting which is surrounded be trees and green scenery. My first video that was realised from the album was also shot at the same place on my digipak and my digipak poster. This makes the audience clear of the setting which means they can understand why I have chosen this, it will also help them understand my lyrics. I find that it also links in with the music I wrote, they go together. The setting in my video is important to me, it’s where I grew up and where I would play with my friends when I was young. I feel like this was a positive move to make as I am giving my viewers an opportunity to see my past life and get more involved.
What made you use the image of the feet in the leaves and the stepping stones? Do you think this was the right image to use in order to promote yourself?
It was really hard to find and pick the pictures which perfectly suited me and my upbringing, this is what I wanted my album to be look like, my past and future… this is why one of my songs is ‘Grow old with me’. I came to the decision to use an image that fitted in with the message from my album. I chose the feet in the leaves because that represents my childhood, me and my friends would go down to the field and mess around in the leafs when we were in our teens. This has always been a peaceful memory from my childhood. My life was a lot different back then, I was young and care free, I didn’t have any weight on me to do well. I think editing the leaves to a darker colour made the digipak more successful as it stood out more, if I had all the other pictures edited the exact same contrast, it would become repetitive. As for the stepping stones picture I decided to have my personal message on there as it was plain. I chose to have the background in green to blend in with the rest of the digipak. I think the image I chose and the way it was edited the same on every other photo is powerful and would be eye catching amongst other artists. I decided not to show my face in all the photos as I thought it would make my target audience more appealed to what’s inside the digipak rather than just judging it by the layout. This is also why I made my digipak look eye-catching, so the audience would notice it first- you don’t see many albums that are green.
What other features of the digipak, poster and video link together?
They all link together because they are all the same tone and contrast. I think this is what makes it successful, due to the fact they are all very similar I believe that the audience will not have a hard time remembering. Rather then other artists who have different location in the video, poster and digipak. I used the same Font throughout the digipak and poster, I think this made everything come together quite well as it all blended in and didn’t look out of place. I also changed the Transparency of the text to make it blend more into the green in the picture as I found it difficult to find a font colour that would go with the green. I have linked them all together by promoting the same editing technique, This is because I would use the same brightness and contrast in all the images. This makes it look like they were all made at the same time. It brings them all together, I used the same picture for my digipak and poster for the front cover because it links the two products making it easier for the audience to find. This will make it easier for the audience as they will know what to look for when buying my digipak.
No comments:
Post a Comment