Friday, 29 November 2013

Final Product- Digipak Poster


This is my final poster that goes with my digipak to promote my artist new album, 'The Another Love'. When creating this poster I tried to make it as simple yet eye catching as I could. This is why I included a bold dark title as this would get my audiences attention. Many artists albums will have a dark background and maybe a green screen with just a close up of the artist, I feel like my digipak is different and works well as it's the artists in the whole picture with the setting used in the music video I created- this gives my audience an insight on what to expect. I used Pages to create this advert because I felt comfortable with the skills I had for this program and knew I would be able to create this poster with every understanding I needed. I played around with the effects on Pages to get the light/mysterious contrast as seen above. I changed the opacity on the bottom advertising the album on iTunes, although it has faded in with the background, it is eye catching with the white faded background. This will prompt people to go and have a look for the album on iTunes. I chose to advertise the album on iTunes because that is a common software for people to download their music, compared to something like Amazon. I chose not to make a poster full of information and make it look busy, as this would make it look messy and I don't think anyone would be interested in looking at a poster full of information as they would have to hunt for the information they needed, e.g. where to buy the album. 



No comments:

Post a Comment