Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Digipak Adverts



The imaged used on the digipaks are mainly images of the artist or band, or an image that represents the bands genre. All the digipaks that I researched have the bands name and most likely they will try advertise themselves as a group on the front of the digipak or on the inside. This includes things such as, tour dates, songs, new albums being realised etc. They use big bold letters to catch attention, being a main feature of the advertisement. An example is Rihanna's digipak advert. She has red hair and used red writing on her digipak. This makes the digipak look simple and tidy, yet eye catching and trendy. Albums use bright contrasting colours to give the audience what they want, two different digipaks I discovered where Adele and Rihanna, they are both different genres. However, I found out that Rihanna uses bright contrasting colours with different types of typography to stand out to her audience which is more teenagers than adults. Then on Adeles album it is simple, bold typography and standard contrast with colours. This shows that artists portray themselves in a way that their audience would like to see them.


                     





What I learnt:

From doing this task, I learnt that most digipak posters and actual digipaks will always link to each other, most of the time they are the exact same but with a slightly different image or different contrast. In order to make my own digipak poster and digipak I would do the same, but not have them the exact same so both of them stand out and are good in different ways. All the digipak poster will give a URL to their websites, this is great advertisement and I think it fitted in well with the poster, it wasn't out of place and it's a great way to get the audience more involved into buying tickets to their concert or their album.





No comments:

Post a Comment