Sunday, 30 June 2013

Other Student Video Analysis

                     


 I found that this video wasn't good as it didn't use as many cuts and camera angles as they should have. Also the lip syncing didn't fit in with the music, because it was a slow song I found it hard to concentrate and get dragged in to the music video. I also think that the costume wasn't well planned, he looked casual, you couldn't really tell what sort of mood you should be in. The camera shots were repetitive they didn't use as many as they should have too make the video more exciting. I think as it was a slow song it couldn't have been any more lively than it was.

                           
The idea of the start of the music video when he was drawing the world fitted it, however, I think that it took too long to get into the music video. I also found the song cheesy and the music video also very cheesy. The song didn't fit in with the costume the people was wearing. For the chorus of the song it was a boy in simple clothes with a hat, it didn't fit in with the song it looked very out of place. I also think the location wasn't very planned out as it was very simple. In order to create a successful music video locations should be changed often. Overall, I think the jump cuts were good, however, sometimes they were put in the wrong place.

These are two screenshots I got from the music videos, as you can see in the bottom picture you can tell that the costume wasn't well thought out. It looks random and definitely doesn't fit in with the genre of the music video. The top picture is an example of what I was saying above, it's a good idea but also risky. I found that it dragged too much and I got bored within the first 10 seconds of viewing it. I would say that these two music videos were a high C or a Low B-  pushing it. 



                 
This video showed poor camera angles. The camera skills weren't good. I often found the camera would be blurred and not focused. I would grade this a C.


                                                              The Good

I found the editing for this music video was amazing, there was never a dull moment. The only thing that could have been improved is facial expressions and costume. There was a variety of camera angles and editing used which made the video stand out to the others, I found this was a good video to watch and you never get bored and want too look away. Overall i'd rate this music video a B or low A due to editing techniques that were used.
 
I enjoyed when they edited the music video to show this moving image then to another. It was more interesting too watch. 







As there was an actual story to this music video I found it very intriguing. It sends out a message to the audience, as well as making the music video they probably inspired a lot of people. My favourite part of the music video was the editing, when the girl is in the woods and it keeps flashing and blurring, I think this work was an A, i've not seen such good editing as I did compared to the other music videos. Also when the girl was sat down in public with people walking past, it was random yet showed amazing use of camera angles and editing put together. The music video was no way boring at all, yet exciting. I would mark this video an A for great use of camera angles, editing, location and costume.

What I learnt
I learnt what I need to do in order to make a successful music video which can achieve me a high mark. From looking at music videos I have learnt what not to do, for example, the ugly music videos that i analysed. Some barely show any change of location or costume, I found this boring too watch, I also believe they looked unprepared and rushed. I will put a lot of time when it comes to my music video and I will plan well ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment